Re: [LAU] how do I get muse to listen to my midi controller?

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 29 2007 - 12:27:26 EEST

Works for me, like this, in muse 0.9:

- I open the dialog "Settings - Midi Ports /Soft Synth" and make sure that
my keyboard is assigned in the upper panel, and shows a green light for
input.

- I create a MIDI track, route it to some instrument, and open the piano
roll editor

- click the small MIDI symbol in the toolbar to activate inputs for the
track

- as soon as I hit the red record button I can hear the incoming MIDI data
triggering whatever is connected as instrument. For actual recording, I hit
play too.

Edgar