Re: [LAU] Realtime, but many xruns when jack is started. Debian Etch

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 30 2007 - 19:57:53 EEST

On Sunday 30 September 2007 18:14, Folderol wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:37:35 +0200
>
> Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > I'd got so used to jack complaining when trying to use realtime, when it
> > wasn't available, that I presumed it was still the same, and the kernel
> > was realtime. I should have got used to the rt suffix by now, having used
> > the patched kernels from planetccrma for so long.
> >
> > > Sorry for confusing things - you can of course get realtime scheduling
> > > without having an RT-patched kernel. It's hard to get jackd to run
> > > xrun-free without it though.
> >
> > So what your saying, is that the realtime-lsm package of scripts may not
> > be too successful.
> >
> > Do you know if there are any debian rt patched kernels available for
> > other debian based distros, that might work on Etch, or Lenny?
> >
> > > --ll
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> 64studio (V2) is based on debian etch and comes in 64 & 32 bit
> versions. It is fully RT patched.

Hi Will. I thought you were going to plug 64studio before I looked at your
reply. I really wanted to resolve the problem on Debian Etch, and Lenny, but
will have to give 64studio a try.

iso.linuxquestions.org list it, but only the x86_64 version, and only v1.0.
Thankfully there are only 2 cd iso's, and shouldn't take too long on dialup.

I've just been to the 64studio site, but doh, it's only available as a dvd
download for 32bit, and I have a problem with dvd's, like no dvd writer.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep looking for cd iso's.

Nigel.