Re: [LAU] Good mic for voice?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 20:53:10 EET

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2007 schrieb Paul Winkler:
> Also, an alternative to buying a standalone preamp: get a small mixer.
> You get multiple preamps and a lot more functions that are endlessly
> useful in even the smallest home studio.
> The Mackie 1202 in its various incarnations is a solid choice.
> I got mine on ebay.

From the quality-per-money perspective I doubt that that is an alternative:
If I got the money to buy some small but good preamp, the same money would
only fit for a cheap, bad mixer. And I can only repeat myself: stay away from
behringer. The headphone-amp might be kind of a standard and the
midi-controllers have even me thinking about buying one. But the mixers and
preamps are so bad. And they even got worse the last years...

And my small homestudio works (almost) entirely without a mixer. The soundcard
has enough ins and outs for everything. The small line-mixer (four stereo
channels) is only for my wife so that the pc and the cd-player can be
connected to the speakers without rewiring...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---