Re: [LAU] Good mic for voice?

From: porl sheean <porl42@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 01 2007 - 02:03:23 EET

if you have a low level signal to begin with you are going to have a *lot*
of noise when you bring the volume up. you are much better off with the
signal being boosted before it is digitised, hence the need for a pre. if
you want to go cheap, just get whatever preamp you can find (even behringer)
and use your current mic. even a cheap pre will work better than none. then
you can decide down the track if you think it is worth investing more.

porl