Re: [LAU] [LAA] Amuc version 1.5

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 21:25:33 EET

Hallo,
Julien Claassen hat gesagt: // Julien Claassen wrote:

> What do you mean by "amuc needs no graphic toolkit"? Does it mean it is
> nice and comfortably based on the console? Or does it simply mean it uses a
> bit lower level graphic libs (like standard X and the like)?

According to the website it's quite GUI heavy, but uses low-level X
indeed. So probably not for the sight-impaired, unfortunatly, but I
haven't run it so far.

However browsing the site, I stumbled across a URL to a very
exhaustive music theory page:
http://www.dolmetsch.com/theoryintro.htm

and there I also found this: " A Practical Guide to Musical
Composition" by Alan Belkin:

http://www.musique.umontreal.ca/personnel/Belkin/bk/index.html

This looks like it may be very useful to your other question about
composition books, that are available in digital format.

Ciao