Re: [LAU] Using (psindustrializer) samples in Specimen

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 06 2007 - 13:17:39 EET

Am Dienstag, 6. November 2007 schrieb lanas:
> Folks,

> or downloaded from Freesounds results in it being triggered by a single
> C note of an external MIDI keyboard. Is it possible to spread a
> sample across at least one octave ? I reckon that spreading can
> affect sound quality negatively but in the case of industrial sounds
> this can be considered an additional effect. It would be just great to
> use a sample over several notes, like in Linux Sampler for instance.
> Is there a way to do that with Specimen ?

That's a basic function for a software sampler i'd say. See the "ruler" area
above the virtual keyboard, where a small yellow square marks the original
key? left of this square, use left mousebutton to define the lower limit of
your mapping zone, right of it do the same for upper limit with right
mousebutton. It seems it's not possible to use a keyboard range completely
outside the original key...