Re: [LAU] Delta 1010 PCI in PCI-X slot

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 21:12:41 EET

Am Mittwoch, 7. November 2007 schrieb Alex Norman:
> I have a dual boot machine here, if I have my Delta 1010 (PCI card) in a
> PCI-X slot windoze sees it but when I boot up linux and do lspci I don't
> see it.
> I have one PCI slot but it is being blocked by my graphics card [which is 2
> slots wide].. I'd really like to get this sound card into this box..

As far as I remember there are special kernel-options for PCI-X. Maybe your
kernel doesn't have the support?

> So, do the linux drivers not support PCI-X for these cards? If they do,
> has anyone here had success with this solution?

The linux-driver for the soundcard will work![*] Once linux knows about the
device. And as lspci is not showing the card, its not a question of the
driver for the soundcard but of the drivers/support for PCI-X.

Arnold

[*] This is not a promise or guarantee. I don't own such a card and I am not
responsible/involved in the driver development. I am just judging from the
experiences others have with Delta1010-cards and from my experience with
linux (since 8 years).

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---