Re: [LAU] high quality time strech

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 22:45:35 EET

On 7 November 2007 at 15:34, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 21:28 +0100, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> I have a live recording (acoustic jazz) where the engineer
> messed up, so I need to copy some audio from one part to
> another. The problem is that the band drifted in tempo during,
> so I'm looking for a high quality time stretch that works under
> linux.
>
> What are my options and what would you guys recommend?

> there isn't anything that can do this (yet). you might try
> playing with SoundTouch, but it really doesn't hold a candle
> to the timefx implementations found in most proprietary
> applications.

I'm not sure how it differs, but the time shrink/stretch stuff in
the Snd <http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/> open source
program seems quite a bit better to my ear than do the other open
source time stretchers familiar in the Linux audio world. This
could just be my acoustic memory failing me, but I've had this
same impression several times now.

Best-o-luck....

--
Kevin