Re: [LAU] Realtime Vocoder

From: Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 09 2007 - 11:23:30 EET

On Thursday 08 November 2007 19:12:53 Ricardo Lobo wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> I'm trying to discover a realtime vocoder? Anyone?
>
> I found this vocoder:
>
> http://www.sirlab.de/linux/descr_vocoder.html
>
> I think everyone know this one, but for some reason I can't get it to
> work in Ubuntstudio!! Any ideas on why?

http://linuxrockstar.blogspot.com/2006/07/effect-ladspa-vocoder-howto.html

There is a LADSPA vocoder, which works. The above blog post describes how to
patch it to have two outputs so it works as a stereo insert.

I modified my copy to output odd bands to the left channel and even bands to
the right, for a subtle stereo effect. At some point I'll figure out a nice
clean way to patch it, and post that.

The vocoder sounds like this: http://www.gjcp.net/kelly.mp3
strings from nekostring, bass from nekobee ;-)

Gordon.