[LAU] no soound from rme hdsp 9632

From: Diseņo treees <treees@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 00:21:55 EET

Hi people, i've got a question about the hdsp9632, maybe anyone solved
this before, i've searched a lot without success:

Last week i installed a Debian Lenny for audio work. I had the 1.51
firmware on the hdsp, and alsa failed on the startup (loading hdsp
module). After some google searching i found that newer versions of
alsa (as mine) could handle latest firmware. So i installed the 1.53
firmware. Now alsa recognizes the card, and jack runs fine, but i only
get sound from the output 9. I read an email about that, saying that a
downgrade to (hard to find) version 1.52 will solve this. Here i've
got two problems, maybe more:

1. When i execute (from windows) the firmware update tool, nothing
happens. I've written to RME to know if it's any problem downgrading
from version 1.53 (i did it from factory 1.52 to 1.51 some months ago
with no problem). The card is working well in windows.

2. While looking for an answer, i found a package named
"alsa-firmware" ("alsa-firmware-loaders" in debian) containing some
firmware configuration files. So i went into /usr/share/alsa/firmware
(/usr/share/alsa/cards in debian) and i saw two RME config files:

RME9636.conf and RME9632.conf

My card is the 9632, maybe i missed a firmware config file? How can i
know which of both files is used by the hdsp module for my card?

Sorry, this is my first post and is a headache :(

Thanks a lot anyway,

Juan.