[LAU] Help/advice on seminar series.

From: J M Needham <J.M.Needham@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 18:14:11 EET

Hi,

At a local church in Bath, I am planning a series of seminars on Linux
audio as they want to enable people to produce/record/master/mix without
spending exhorbitant amounts. I have many ideas on what I want to talk
about, but could use some advice. So far I have planned (all plans can
change with suitable advice):

1: Showcase: Linux, IP Kubuntu studio, emphasising its worth as an OS in
its own right and doing brief demonstrations of Rosegarden, Ardour,
Hydrogen, LMMS, zynaddsubfx, specimen.

[The idea is to show Linux is actually worth installing, very competent
and can be very easy to set up and use, and the music software is _very
competent)

2: Jack and Rosegarden. Using Soundfonts. Also relation to Muse.

3: Synths: Linked into Rosegarden stuff -- Specimen, Zynaddsubfx, AMSynth,
fluidsynth. Driving synths via other programs (RG, Muse, Seq24)

4: Plugins and mastering: LADPSA, JAMIN, Ardour.

5: Putting it all together. Showcase of creating a track, mixing,
mastering, fx, recording, burning to CD.

What are people's thoughts? If this is genuinely naive, I apologise. I've
only my experience to go on and I really want (helpful) criticism..

Jonty