Re: [LAU] A virtual LAU chillout band

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 02:33:20 EET

On 2007-11-14 10:21 am, plutek-infinity wrote:
> interesting ideas, there. but, yes, somewhat involved.

Yes, some great ideas in this thread.

> i wonder what would happen if it all started with one
> sample, which could be developed and forked at will,
> resulting in a LARGE collection of material, all
> "descended" from one source...

That is very likely, it partly depends on the policy
or scope of the particular project or musical piece.
I suspect, especially with this collaborative kind of
approach, that a song or piece may never be truly
finished so forking off many variations is very
possible and encouraged.

> not sure about the logistics of something like that.

I'm sure there are many possibilities. FWIW I have set
up a bare Subversion repo that anyone is welcome to use
if anyone cares to try svn out. The URL is ...

 http://markconstable.com/jam/
or
 curl http://markconstable.com/jam/README

All I have done is add an initial README with a few
instructions to get started. Just reply to me personally
(not the list) with an email address and password and
you can svn commit to the above repo. Anyone is free
to checkout or export the contents via svn.

--markc