Re: [LAU] A virtual LAU chillout band

From: sam javor <zekthedeadcow@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 02:32:40 EET

> It seems there's going to be more to this than I originally thought.
> A collaborative space for musicians/audio engineers would make a
> KILLER web app. It really could be a billion-dollar idea even if all
> the music were free (as it should be)
>
> My head's kind of spinning right now, but here are a couple of thoughts:

Actually not to plug something thats not finished... but I'm building a site for linux multimedia users(video and graphics too) as a means for new users to 'ease the pain' of converting. The site is using drupal on a home server and is in testing at http://track100.com:8080 ... so no way would I host files yet ...I have a Windows driver site for now defunct Aardvark Audio soundcards (http://asg.hopto.org) ...and that can eat up a couple gigs of bandwidth a month alone... - but linking is definitely doable...and wav isn't so unreasonable only 20MB-40MB per-track - only a couple minutes with some sort of peer to peer thingy... I'm not sure what the legal requirements would be for keeping copyrighted stuff off the site though... I spent most of the weekend looking at COPPA junk... (and found some vandalism on some government sites privacy acts :) )

But I have a friend with a good site homerecordingconnection.com and the paid members ($24 a year) get 24MB of space... collabs have usually had a 'leader' responsible for selecting performers and stuff...people just load their versions into their profile or link to it... and the leader assembles and mixes everything.

peace
Sam Javor
zekthedeadcow@email-addr-hidden