Re: [LAU] A virtual LAU chillout band - is this clearer?

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 05:07:09 EET

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 19:52 -0500, Frank Pirrone wrote:

> Maybe I should have named all this for what it really is to make at
> least what's swirling around in my head clear to everyone - and, no not
> that SecondBand (though I wasn't kidding about that being a kick-ass
> idea) or that MusicMash (again, not kidding - hosting/posting the pieces
> of CC music for folks to mash up, contribute to, package, share with
> friends, flag for listening, or even profit from is another kick-ass
> concept - I mean it would be like YouTube where the atomic elements of
> the videos were available for anyone to mash, alter, grow, whatever),
> but rather a:
>
> Musical Wiki

This is a nice alternative to the versioned system. However it still
requires a large amount of online space and bandwidth unless we inject
bittorrent into the mix.

So now we have 5 options for making it happen.

1: Straight up ftp file sharing between a select group of band members

2: Versioned sharing with git/svn and bt

3: wiki sharing with wiki and bt

4: http://www.splicemusic.com/

5: http://www.ccmixter.org/

This is very cool to have these options outlined already.

I'm personally interested in a stand alone app to manage the torrents
and will be looking into it over the next few months.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.