Re: [LAU] LAU collaboration coordination?

From: Frank Pirrone <frankpirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 19:31:55 EET

Rob wrote:
> On Thursday 15 November 2007 23:08, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> People spend months/years arguing with, fighting with, crying over,
>> and struggling to find people that they can compatibly make music
>> with. Sometimes, it never works out. So you remove the human
>> interaction element,
>>

> On the contrary, enabling people to find others to make music with
> over the internet, without having to hop a plane or plumb the depths
> of local "musicians wanted" ads, should create more opportunities for
> group composition. It also provides a way for people who really
> dislike live music to find people to work with without the
> annoying "Hey man, let's get together and jam" booty call
> equivalents.
>
> Besides, what is this list if not interactive?
>
> Rob

Paul's point is reasonable but I'm more aligned with virtual
collaboration presenting fewer challenges of the variety I've
encountered. YMMV.

I wanted to comment on a couple other messages - Hey Marc, I wouldn't be
AT ALL surprised if this turns out fine. Great even. Given the thin
talent I have access to here, umm...myself included, if the players here
are accomplished and talented, and I've listened to some postings that
suggest so, and if the base track proves empowering and fruitful, and if
folks apply themselves, I truly believe that EVEN a complete work or
album is possible.

Julien - that's a good name for the project. Maybe even the band.
Other names for the "band" acknowledging its virtual nature might be:

Cloud
Ghost
Strangers
Links