Re: [LAU] Error when system tries to insert snd-intel8x0

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 19 2007 - 00:49:59 EET

Lars Luthman wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 23:55 -1000, david wrote:
>> Whenever my system tries to insert the snd-intel8x0 module, it fails
>> with this error reported by dmesg:
>>
>> snd_intel8x0: Unknown parameter `vid'
>>
>> Where could that parameter be coming from?
>>
>> Using Debian, I've checked /etc/modules, /etc/modprobe.d and every other
>> place I can think of. Any clues?
>
> "vid" is short for Vendor ID and is a module option that is used with
> the snd-usb-audio module together with "pid" (Product ID) and "index" to
> make USB audio devices with certain pids/vids use a fixed card slot.
> Maybe you have edited your /etc/modprobe.d/alsabase and added a vid= in
> the wrong place?

I checked, didn't have it there either. Didn't have it in modules,
either, but I did have just a plain snd-intel8x0 entry there. So I
remmed out all the entries in modules and restarted, it went away. Then
I added snd-intel8x0 back to modules and it started working again.

Leaves me free to fight with KDE again. aren't computers fun?

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden