Re: [LAU] Ardour 2.1 Mixer Levelmeters acting very slow with acpi=off

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 20 2007 - 11:57:58 EET

I can fully confirm now what Susanne described, on a desktop machine (32bit
AthlonXP 2000+). I guess the freeze I was describing in my previous posting
was unrelated, I could boot with acpi=off this time without problem.

With acpi=off, I get significantly less xruns at a given frames setting.
Clock source is tsc, and i don't see the "Clocksource tsc unstable
(delta = xxx ns)" message at boot. Every meter in ardour (2.0-ongoing,
checkout from yesterday, the new track header meters exhibit the same
behaviour) shows extremely slow falloff, no matter what the corresponding
option is set to.