Re: [LAU] Ardour 2.1 Mixer Levelmeters acting very slow with acpi=off

From: Susanne Schneider <susemuse27@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 20 2007 - 15:42:39 EET

hi everybody,
as an experiment on this item I compiled a kernel with modified config: I removed acpi completely and additionally deactivated the option "enable tickless..." (or so..).
Then I booted the kernel with standard options.
Result: Ardour behaves as it should, everything works just fine, system audio performance at it's best! Obviously there is a diffenrence between booting an acpi-enabled kernel with option "acpi=off" and a kernel built without acpi capabilities. Maybe somebody has an explanation - I don't...
thanks for attention anyway
Su

-------- Original-Nachricht --------