[LAU] M-Audio Oxygen8 - some problems

From: Sebastian Tschöpel <tschoseb@email-addr-hidden-cottbus.de>
Date: Wed Nov 21 2007 - 01:17:35 EET

Hello List,

i have some problems running my oxygen 8 usb/midi keyboard on my linux
machine. At first i would like to mention, that i already tried a lot, e.g.

* installing all the hotplug-stuff from
http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/ that is needed for
* the firmware loader on http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/ , that I
already installed successfully as described in the readme (the 0.5 version)
* i translated http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/article.php3?id_article=67
which is basically a french translation of the readme provided by the
usb-midi-fw-package
* i read the articles on
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2004-March/011065.html
and the other one from this month but i have to admit that these threads
ended very abrupt like a sentence that ends right in the ...

Furthermore the device seems to get hotplugged correct, since the
/var/log/messages output shows...

Nov 20 23:41:08 studio-linux kernel: ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.1: auto-wakeup
Nov 20 23:41:08 studio-linux kernel: usb 2-1: new full speed USB device
using ohci_hcd and address 6
Nov 20 23:41:08 studio-linux kernel: usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen
from 1 choice

.... when i turn the oxygen8 on.

the strangest thing: When i boot windows and install the oxygen8
midi-device and restart linux the device works perfectly
as long as i don't turn it off. Even when i reboot linux again. When i
turned it off it doesn't appear again when i turn it on again.

Does anyone have an idea?

best regards,
sebastian.

PS: linux machine does mean: openSuse 10.2 set up with JAD 1.0
realtime-kernel.