Re: [LAU] A simple program to take a WAV file in and play it to JACK?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 23 2007 - 02:29:58 EET

Am Donnerstag, 22. November 2007 schrieb Ken Restivo:
> Yeah, I've kind of asked this before, and I got answers back, but not
> really.
> Is there seriously no program that'll take WAV file input, on stdin, making
> no attempt to "seek" on it, and poot the resulting data out to JACK?

Wav-file input on stdin and no seeking on the incoming stream are exclusive.
Wav is organized in chunks with headers in between (at least on header at the
start). That way if you don't do any seeking in the raw-stream or skip the
headers, you will hear blips on playback.

Why do you need to play the files from stdin?

What speaks against "mplayer -ao jack"?

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/