Re: [LAU] Very low input from accoustic guitar pickup

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 23 2007 - 21:58:27 EET

Le Mercredi, 21 Nov 2007 20:44:48 -0500,
lanas <lanas@securenet.net> a écrit :

> Does this mean that I have to plug some kind of impedence adapter
> between the guitar and the 1010LT ?

So I ended up getting a DI box and it works great. I like a lot to
play bass, so I did not get a cheap one. Would be too bad to have a
less than optimal sound for something that I like so much. So I got a
Radial Engineering JDI passive direct box. They are made in Canada and
seems to be quite good.

http://www.radialeng.com/di-jdi.htm

I use the XLR output to connect to an XLR input of the 1010LT sound
card.

One question: although the sound is very good regarding the level and
the noise to audio level, bith at recordign and playback, Ardour only
shows rather small 'waves' on the recording track. I'd have to do a
normalize to get a full scribble, which I don't. Since the audio level
seems to be adequate, what is Ardour using to draw these curves ? or
maybe I have to check it out against the waves made by the regular
output of Zynaddsubfx.

Cheers,

Al