Re: [LAU] LAU collaboration coordination?

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 00:29:49 EET

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 04:36:46AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> > Once upon a time someone might have written, "you guys are funny"
> > regarding open source code development.
> >
> LOL. I wish I had a dime for every naysayer I've heard re: Linux and its
> software since 1995, I'd be a rich man now.

Well it only works if people work it.

To prove the naysayers wrong, I'd encourage more folks to join in on the collaboration and start, not adding new tracks or songs, but working on filling out and finishing the ones that are already up there.

What's funny to me to watch, is the pattern of open source development getting mirrored in the collaboration site: everyone doing their own thing individually instead of working together towards a common goal.

For example: Julian's track (Summer Sorrow) has a lot of promise, it needs drum programming really, a GOOD solid danceable beat. Anyone like playing with drum machines, beats, and percussive samples? Jump right in on this one.

Then maybe it needs some more subtle synth sweeps and textures, and perhaps a melody or vocal sample, and we'll have the one complete online collaboration, linux-only song.

Until that happens, unfortunately, the naysayers are right.

-ken