[LAU] Terratec DMX 6Fire 24/96 Mic Input (not Linux specific)

From: bradley newton haug <bradleyhaug@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 10:12:40 EET

David,

I would consider using a DI box.. You may also wish to consider miking an
amp, even an SM57 sounds great. A nice recording amp with a powerbrake will
sound like a stack at full blow on 2.

as for splitting the signal, it's a decent idea, in a perfect guitar setup
you want to record a DI box and a mike on different tracks so that later you
can go back and 'reamp' or 'remike' your dry signal by running it through an
amp/mike and rerecording it if the original amped track proves troublesome.

if you have noise contraints, I'd suggest at the very least a DI box.

best
bradley newton haug

 Should I have something in the chain to match impedance, or is the clipping