[LAU] [OT] modelines ?

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 13:15:19 EET

Greetings,

The config.xml file for AVSynthesis includes a setting for the window size :

    width="1280" height="1024" fullscreen="false"

Alas, setting it to anything other than the current screen dimensions
results in a non-start. The program simply reports that the requested
screen size can't be created.

 From what I've learned so far, it appears that I need to set modelines
for other screen dimensions. The modelines are *not* the same things as
the Mode settings in the Screen section of xorg.conf, but I'm not clear
on how to find what they should be or how to enter them into xorg.conf.
Btw, I do have various modes set in my Screen section, but that doesn't
seem to matter to AVSynthesis. I'd like to resolve this problem, because
AVS saves its rendered files in the current screen size (1280x1024), and
I'd like to save them in a smaller size.

So once again I turn to the deep minds of LAU for assistance. Any
suggestions ? The cards and monitors in question are:

GeForce 7300GS with Envision EN-910e (JAD)

GeForce 7600GS with Sony Trinitron E200 (64 Studio)

TIA!

Best,

dp