Re: [LAU] Synths and sequencers again

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 17:43:30 EET

Hi!
  I think, I know that swami pays attention to attack and decay. About simple
sustainpedal: It's the way it is, mostly. Good for painos, but not for
strings.
  So try swami or linuxsampler. If you can afford to invest a bit of money, I
think there are nice string ensembles, that work with it. There are also a few
very handsome pianos for linuxsampler. For soundfonts there are a few very OK
pianos and e-pianos.
  Besides that you can use ZynAddSubFX ,which can react tomidi-controls and it
has a lot of controls on its GUI. Besides that, there are a lot of beautiful
presets for it. I think the same goes for alsamodular synth, although I don't
know how much it works with the software today. Didn't hear about it for some
time.
  Those are all likely possibilities, which you can control rather easily and
which offer good sounds.
  Kindest regards
       Julien

--------