Re: [LAU] Hardware synths

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 01 2007 - 09:38:02 EET

lanas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> OK, Linux synths are great. And yes, if many ways they are.
> Although recently I got a M-Audio Prokeys88 and I swear the Warmpad
> sound in there does not have any equivalent in richness in what I've
> heard so far in Linux soft synths.
>
> If you do have an close-sounding Linux soft synth sound, let me know,
> I'd be very interested in hearing it.
>
> That makes me tend to believe that hardware synths sounds are still
> leading in quality, deepness and richness. Any other opinions ?

Well, I think that Yamaha's sound patches in their hardware synthesizers
sound much better than any soundfont I've heard. But if you're talking
about a pure synthesizer (one that generates its own sounds, not simply
playing what is basically just a sampled sound) - hard to tell. I still
think the Moog synthesizer sound is the best!

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden