Re: [LAU] Hardware synths

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 01 2007 - 13:08:37 EET

lanas wrote:

> OK, Linux synths are great. And yes, if many ways they are.
> Although recently I got a M-Audio Prokeys88 and I swear the Warmpad
> sound in there does not have any equivalent in richness in what I've
> heard so far in Linux soft synths.

Don't agree.

I'm currently thinging hard about going back to my csound based linux
soft setup. Last night I played a gig (pop/rock) with just my laptop,
csound, 3 evolution usb keyboards and this setup really has alot of
benefits over my old hardware setup + the sound is at least as good.

My (not so fantastic) hardware is Yamaha P60 stage piano, Roland JV-80
and Alesis Micron. I also owned a bunch of other hardware synths
including wavestations, sy77, alpha juno, Kawai K5, Korg EX8000.

The sound quality of csound is top notch, and it's very flexible.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte