Re: [LAU] Hardware synths

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2007 - 01:12:26 EET

Le Dimanche, 02 Décembre 2007 15:53:30 +0000,
Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@gjcp.net> a écrit :

> You still haven't posted a sample of it.

I've recorded a snippet on Friday, but am too lazy to find the pwd for
the Geocities site, which I rarely use. But I'll try to post it this
week. Then again, once posted, the Geocities page will pause connections
after a short number of downloads. I should get a decent, free, web
page. Somewhere.

>> If you do have an close-sounding Linux soft synth sound, let me
>> know, I'd be very interested in hearing it.

> I'm fairly sure I can produce something pretty close. How much CPU
> do you want to burn?

Well, I could stop beryl's water ripples. And I could stop converting a
DV to mpeg. Both while recording music. So that should leave some space
for a few good sounds. Maybe the sounds good even make good use of the
dual core 64 bit CPU and the 4 GB of RAM.

Cheers,

Al