Re: [LAU] hardware - buttons and knobs?

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 06 2007 - 02:41:04 EET

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 01:51:27PM -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> Something mentioned in the hardware synths thread prompted me to ask
> this question...
>
> So how does one go about adding buttons/knobs/switches that do
> specific things to a standard computer? My best example of this is
> the Muse Receptor - it is a standard computer, yet it has knobs that
> do various tasks. I realize there is a hardware and software answer
> to this question, but I'm more interested in the hardware part.
>
> In other words:
>
> 1)Where can I buy a knob?

Mmmmmm... knobs...
http://www.umop.com/art/kb008.jpg

OK, seriously.

I have for sale, a PCB with 8 rotary controllers, another PCB with 9 faders, and a third PCB with 8 drum pads and their rubber buttons that go with them, available to anyone who wants to use them for a MIDI or USB controller project. All you need is an Arduino, a soldering iron, and a multimeter, in order to build your own bad-ass controller with knobs.

All three boards were salvaged from the M-Audio Axiom 49. AFAICT they all still work (it was the motherboard that died on the Axiom). I can scan pictures of them if you really like.

Anyone interested, make me an offer, either for individual boards or for the whole batch. I need the money. I'll find a way to ship anywhere in the world; these things don't weigh much.

-ken