Re: [LAU] Alsa drives me crazy at bootup...

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 07 2007 - 18:32:55 EET

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> since no one can help me on <debian-user-german> I need to ask here.
>
> I have an AsusTek A7V600-X with a via82xx_audio OnBoard and then two
> Creative Labs SB 5.1 Live!
>
> I want to use it following:
>
> VIA System sounds and warnings (I get additional
> mesages over the network via rplay)
>
> SB 1 Normal Audio (Ardour, Xmms, ...)
>
> SB 2 KPhone (without KDE)
>
> My problem is, that ALL modules are oaded but alsa not want to use my
> SB 1. ALSA configure only VIA... I have to call every time I booted
> up "asaconf" to set it up but the next time I boot, I need to do it
> again.
>
> Please, can anyone tellme, HOW to setup the three-Devices permanently?

Google is you friend. Search for "how to configure alsa with multiple
sound cards".

Meanwhile, here's what I did for my 64 Studio system (a Debian system) :

At the end of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base I added these lines :

# set up card order
alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
options snd-ice1712 index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1370
options snd-ens1370 index=1
alias snd-card-2 snd-virmidi
options snd-virmidi index=2

Something similar might work for you. I'm not sure how you'll identify
the separate SBLive cards.

Best,

dp