Re: [LAU] multiple inputs with wine-jack?

From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 09 2007 - 22:24:01 EET

On 09/12/2007, Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2007 schrieb Robert Persson:
> > Is it possible to get jack to present multiple inputs to audio
> applications
> > running under wine and wineasio?
>
> Look at the wineasio README, multiple input or output ports can be set up
> by
> environment variables since I think 0.3, and also by a config file since
> 0.5.

Excellent! Thanks very much!

Just in case anyone else wants to know, the config files are
/etc/default/wineasiocfg or ~/.wineasiocfg
and the contents should look something like:

ASIO_INPUTS=8
ASIO_OUTPUTS=2

I also noticed in the readme that on the todo list is syncing the timecode
to jack transport. I read somewhere that syncing other servers to jack
transport is not as easy as one might think. Do you think that this feature
is going to be ready soon, or will we have to wait a bit longer for it?

By the way, I think the wineasio dev(s), as well as the wine devs, have done
a great job so far. Two years ago I found it hard to imagine that a quality
DAW could run so smoothly under wine. It's still not perfect because jack
isn't perfect {yet}, but I've done better running Reaper within wine than I
did a few days ago when I tried to run it in Windows 2000.

Robert

--
Robert Persson
ireneshusband@email-addr-hidden