[LAU] Rosegarden 1.6.0 and Roland Sound Expansion Synths

From: The Other <sstubbs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 10 2007 - 00:41:19 EET

Hello All,

I've got the hardware connections between Rosegarden 1.6.0 and my
Roland Sound Expansion module M-OC1 (orchestra) model working.

I would like to get the banks and patch names on the M-OC1 recognized
by Rosegarden.

When I try the Studio-> Manage Midi Devices ; I see the list of play
devices. I've seen the Rosegarden supplied .rgd files and how they
will add a synth with all of the patch names supplied; but how do I
create such a file for the M-OC1?

I've tried my best guess and typed in the first bank of 128 names,
found no way to save it, and lost the work.

How should I be doing this?

I also have a Roland Sound Expansion module M-GS64 with multiple
banks. I'd be happy to send these .rgd files to the Rosegarden
people, but I don't know how to encode them. Also, any tips on how to
specify MSB, LSB would be helpful. The first bank on the M-OC1 shows
CC0: 80; CC32:0. The second bank shows CC0: 81; CC32:0. How does
that get encoded into the MSB, LSB, that Rosegarden uses?

Thanks All,
Stephen.