Re: [LAU] AVSynthesis demos

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 07:46:32 EET

thomas fisher wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 11:49:57 Dave Phillips wrote:
>> Matthias Schönborn wrote:
>>> Wow - These vids cause my X-server to crash. Is this related to the
>>> videos or to my desktop configuration?
>> They were made with mencoder, and I've been able to play them with Mplayer.
>>
>> Anyone else have the same trouble as Matthias ?
>>
> Nice effects. They ran fine on totem movie player and xine.

Didn't try them, but I've had compatibility problems with videos encoded
using mencoder. My original inspiration was a set of Windows AVI files
that would hard crash my system any time up to a few minutes after
playing them. They worked fine on Windows and the Linux systems of
others of my friends. I tried mencoding them to other formats, and they
would work fine on my system but not on Windows or other people's Linux
systems.

Probably system differences between codec, video drivers, and/or player
versions ...

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden