[LAU] Strange problems with Audacity

From: Sebastian Tschöpel <tschoseb@email-addr-hidden-cottbus.de>
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 15:21:34 EET

Hi,

i've got a question because I don't know where else to search.....
I tried working with Audacity for a while. I tried different versions,
rpm-packages, installing
via package manager, compiling from source (all successful), as root and
user and so on....

But everytime when I try to start audacity (with jack running or not) I
get a friendly
but plain:

"Segmentation fault"

When I try it a second time, nothing happens and then a zombie-like
audacity process
can be found in the process list that even can't be killed by killall or
kill pid.

I use openSuse10.2/JAD1.0 and I would be glad for any suggestion.

--
Best regards,
Sebastian.