Re: [LAU] from cassette/LP to cd (which hardware?)

From: Jan Weil <Jan.Weil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 18 2007 - 18:40:10 EET

Am Dienstag, den 18.12.2007, 15:17 +0000 schrieb Studio 32:
> What about the hardware part? Just a LP player, and a onboard
> soundcard? And how should I make the connection?

Usually, you will need a preamp with built-in equalization. This is why
most hi-fi amplifiers (used to) have a special phono input.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_equalization>

If your home stereo has such a phono input you could connect its
tape-out to the line-in jack of your recording device.

Jan