Re: [LAU] from cassette/LP to cd (which hardware?)

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 18 2007 - 19:40:58 EET

Am Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2007 schrieb Emiliano Grilli:
> Tuesday, 18 December 2007 alle 15:17:56, Studio 32 ha scritto:
> > Thanks for the advices (still welcome).
> > What about the hardware part? Just a LP player, and a onboard
> > soundcard? And how should I make the connection?
> You can't plug the turntable directly to the soundcard, you have to use
> a preamp that has RIAA equalization:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_equalization

Not necessarily but most often. The turntables manufactured in the old GDR
seem to have the equalizing preamp builtin. Nice feature...

> Or you can try to fix the eq in software but even if I've never tried I
> don't think it sounds as good.

This is a rather easy (and working) solution. I was told that Jamin has a
preset/curve for exactly this. The RIAA equalization is just an equalization
and as long as you do not overload your inputs with the distorted signal of
the turntable, you can equalize the RIAA setting yourself...

Have fun,

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/