Re: [LAU] Phasex patches

From: Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 23 2007 - 00:20:54 EET

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 22:58 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:

> From my googling, creating the sound of an acoustic piano is all but
> impossible with a softsynth, but something near to it would be nice.

Depends on the softsynth ;-)

In general it's really difficult to generate a piano sound with any kind
of synthesizer. Most synths that do it really well tend to use samples
of pianos. Even the venerable Ensoniq ESQ1 managed a decent acoustic
piano only through the use of a massive piano multisample.

Gordon