Re: [LAU] Slightly off topic question.

From: fruity <fruity@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 23 2007 - 20:54:03 EET

Hi everyone.

From man cdparanoia, just to test:

--
EXAMPLES
Query only with exhaustive search for a drive and full reporting of
autosense:
cdparanoia -vsQ
--
I also had to deal lately with faulty drives,
open up a terminal while you rip and do as root:
tail -f tail -f /var/log/kern.log
If you get some errors between curly brackets like { DriveSeekComplete
error } ( this is usually for hardisk but now I cannot remember the one
for optical drives ) or similar than your drive is in bad shape, sorry.
I whouls also sugest you to try to switch to scsi emulation more and to
give a try like that.
Now I cannot remember how is it 'cause I use native ide support since ages.
Also try to do this is a terminal:
zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CDROM
And see how it differs from this one(mine)
CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD=m
CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD_BUFFERS=8
CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD_WCACHE=y
Happy debugging :)