[LAU] Video artists?

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 24 2007 - 05:05:58 EET

Somewhat off-topic, but I'm looking for a video artist or VJ who works using linux.

About a year ago, I created a truly bizarre electronica/techno cover version of Black Sabbath's "Fairies Wear Boots". I did it because my daughter was really into fairies at the time, and I kept finding myself singing that song every time she mentioned them.

I've been sitting on this track ever since, because I just don't know what to do with it. It's a cover, so I can't Creative Commons BY-SA it and post it like I usually do.

Perhaps, if someone wants to pull together an interesting video for it, we could post it up on YouTube. I bet the Sabbath fans would find it, and if the video is particularly good then maybe it'll circulate around the Internet meme-space for a while.

If it's all done with Linux then it'd basically be an opportunity for free publicity for linux-audio (and linux-video).

If you're a video artist interested in this, let me know and I'll email you a link to the track (off-list).

I have another 70's metal cover sitting around that's even more bizarre, so there's an opportunity for a "sequel" if this one goes over well.

Thanks.

-ken