Re: [LAU] [ANN] AZR3-JACK released

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 24 2007 - 19:14:11 EET

On Monday 24 December 2007, Lars Luthman wrote:
> This JACK program is a port of the free VST plugin AZR-3. It is a
> tonewheel organ with drawbars, distortion and rotating speakers. The
> original was written by Rumpelrausch Täips.
>
> The organ has three sections, two polyphonic with 9 drawbars each and
> one monophonic bass section with 5 drawbars. The two polyphonic sections
> respond to events on MIDI channel 1 and 2, and an optional keyboard
> split function makes the bass section listen to the lower keys on
> channel 1.
>
> The three sections have separate sustain and percussion switches as well
> as separate volume controls, and the two polyphonic sections have
> separate vibrato settings. All three sections are mixed and sent through
> the distortion effect and the rotating speakers simulator, where the
> modulation wheel can be used to switch between fast and slow rotation,
> and the fast and slow rotation speeds themselves can be changed
> separately for the lower and upper frequencies.
>
> Get it at http://ll-plugins.nongnu.org/azr3/

Looks really nice.

However, its MIDI is in the qjackctl jack-MIDI pane and the MIDI devices that
might feed it are NOT, but in the "ALSA" pane. Never the 'twain do meet :-(

So, how do I play it?
I assume some of the programs (such as Muse or Rosegarden) will eventually
give me a MIDI port here (use as soft-synth) but my keyboard?