Re: [LAU] Looking for a firewire soundcard

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 26 2007 - 12:34:48 EET

Am Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2007 schrieb Frank Pirrone:
> >> http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMGO46
> > If only it were supported in Linux.
> Is that so Pieter? I was impressed with all these IEEE-1394 cards, but
> didn't look them up in the compat. hardware list. What functions will
> and won't work?

If it is not on the supported list or at least "reported to work" you are on
your own. Then its not a question of "what features do work and what not" but
more a question of "will the device be recognized at all", "can I at least
get sound in and out" and "did I spent a lot of money on a device that only
works on some strange non-free os".

The best way to select a fw device is to go to ffado.org and check the
device-list there. It even has links to the pages of the vendors so you can
find more information there...

Have fun,

Arnold

--