Re: [LAU] Timestretch without sample damage.

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Thu Jan 03 2008 - 15:57:58 EET

On 03/01/2008, J M Needham <J.M.Needham@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> The audacity time stretcher is great, rubberband is even better but they
> both put chunks of silence into the samples when I use them.

Do you mean silence within the sample somewhere, or do you mean that
the duration of the resulting sample isn't exactly correct and so
there is silence at the end?

The former would be very strange and quite wrong, particularly if it
happened with both Audacity (which uses SoundTouch) and Rubber Band,
as the two use completely different algorithms. Since both run the
stretcher offline, they also shouldn't depend on any realtime
processing constraints.

The latter effect would be expected using Audacity, as SoundTouch
isn't sample-accurate, but it shouldn't happen when using the Rubber
Band command-line utility.

Chris