Re: [LAU] Tapestrea synth from Princeton

From: Daniel Schmitt <pnambic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 21:07:51 EET

On Jan 8, 2008 6:54 PM, Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hallo,
> thomas fisher hat gesagt: // thomas fisher wrote:
>
> > FYI:
> > Tapestrea { TAPS } version: 0.1.0.4 GPL { .deb and .rpm }
> > Techniques And Paradigms for Expressive Synthesis, Transformation,
> > and Rendering of Environmental Audio
> >
> > what is it?
>
> It's damn cool! At least according to the video, but I have a problem
> running it. I built the jack-version, but something is wrong
> with the GUI. here's my error:
> freeglut (tapestrea): ERROR: Internal error <Visual with necessary
> capabilities not found> in function fgOpenWindow

Tapestrea asks for quite a bit in terms of GL features; this looks as if
your card and/or driver can't quite keep up with its demands. You might be
able to salvage it to some extent by going into audicle_gfx.cpp and
stripping flags off the glutInitDisplayMode() call in line 331. It wil
likely start to flicker like mad if you have to remove GLUT_DOUBLE, but it
does remain usable, at least as far as I can tell from a two-minute test.

Incidentally, if you are running this on a 64-bit platform, you should also
replace the memcpy() call in the same file, line 744, with something like
"for (int i = 0; i < m_pick_size; ++i) temp_stack[i] = m_pick_top[i];",
because otherwise clicking on things won't do anything. I'll send a patch to
their mailing list.

Daniel.