Re: [LAU] Renoise - linux version ( soon !!)

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 12:11:44 EET

Johannes Mario Ringheim wrote:
> david wrote:
>> Linux folk have been putting down money for good software for many
>> years. I looked ReNoise over. It didn't seem to be worth all the
>> noise. I don't particularly like their UI, for instance ...
>
> Really? Don't you like tracking, or Renoise in particular?

Don't like tracking. The UI looks kind of blocky, to me, that could be
an artifact of the site not giving full screenshots.

> Renoise is definetely one of the best sample based trackers around, if
> you haven't you should give it a try.

No, I'd rather do compositions and have real musicians play them than
work with samples. And when I don't need real musicians playing them,
it's because I'm composing for synthesizer, not samples. Yah, I'm weird.

> Having a tracker of that quality, with good jack support (transport and
> seperate outputs), would be a wet dream come through, at least for me.

I could see the value of JACK support in a tracker for those who use
trackers.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden