Re: [LAU] Changing Ardour's font size

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 12 2008 - 06:16:57 EET

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 14:05 +1100, porl sheean wrote:

> it would be nice for there to be a 'minimalistic' ardour2_ui file that
> just contained the necessities such as flashing record button and left
> the rest to the system as a third option (after dark and light
> themes).

ardour uses *color* for a lot more than most office productivity and
home desktop applications. i'm sorry if thats not to your taste. i would
propose to you that its a different class of application that does not
benefit from the rather monochromatic approach that works well for
different classes of applications.

"just a flashing record button" is a long, long way from the necessities
list. how can you tell when a region is selected? what is the difference
between solo and solo-safe status? how to tell that a region gain line
is active or not? etc. etc. etc. its true that we overuse colors right
now, and that needs to change.

note that you can use the theme manager (Windows -> Theme Manager) to
switch to the "light" theme, which is much closer to the typical
graytone themes of most default toolkit themes.

if people write more themes, and they are good, we'll be happy to
include them with ardour.