Re: [LAU] No mic input after removing arts

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 05:12:03 EET

On Jan 13, 2008 1:45 AM, Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sunday 13 Jan 2008 03:48:00 Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Jan 12, 2008 1:44 PM, Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > > Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
> > > Capabilities: cvolume cswitch cswitch-joined
> > > Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
> > > Limits: Capture 0 - 15
> > > Front Left: Capture 9 [60%] [13.50dB] [off]
> > > Front Right: Capture 9 [60%] [13.50dB] [off]
> >
> > Of course it doesn't work, you have Capture muted.
>
> Oh!
>
> Damn! It works now! Seriously, now I'm thoroughly annoyed. Could someone
> please point me to some documentation where all these controls and alsa stuff
> is explained?

There's no comprehensive documentation because mixer controls are
different for every soundcard and in many cases even the developers
don't know exactly what each control does due to lack of detailed
hardware specs from the vendors.

But it should be fairly obvious that if you want to capture audio you
should unmute the Capture control...

Lee