Re: [LAU] midi sequencers

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 14:47:53 EET

Geoff Beasley wrote:
> muse is as good a seq as you'll find. i've been using muse for almost 4 years
> full time and it already has 99% of what a quality sequencer needs but has a
> few little nasties that make long sessions very painful and slow...and the
> devs don't have the time to fix them.

Post a bounty for your required features. Money motivates wonderfully.

> i know there's no answer to this, but seems no one else is making the point
> and it needs to be made for a complete linux audio solution.

It's been made before, trust me. I've posted lists of the features I'd
like to see, but I think there are still too few devs with too little
available time. Add to that the fact that most users have wanted audio
features first, and we end up with a not-so-satisfactory state of
(purely) MIDI software for Linux.

High hopes for a MIDIfied Ardour here, though I think seq24 could be
expanded to make the sequencer I'd like to see.

Best,

dp