Re: [LAU] midi sequencers

From: Geoff Beasley <songshop@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 22:37:05 EET

> So far you haven't listed a *single* feature you want that is missing
> from any of these, nor have you detailed any bugs.

 guy's, read the post. this thread was not a list of required features. this
thread was from a midi-centric composer/arranger/performer who has been using
seq's scince 1990, 5-6 days a week.I have run a full time Linux studio for 4
years now. this thread is about the fact that there isn't a midi equivilent
to ardour. that's all. MusE has a full compliment of features, it's just a
little buggy ( but they are important bugs), and not moving forward.

If I wan't to expose a weakness in LA's audio fabric I'll do so. And this is
the place for it. If you used these softs as often as I do you would be
aware of these failings and their extent. I'm not whinging, I'm exposing an
important hole in the LA fermament. As for bug reports I have been very
active with these in MusE, as I have been with Ardour and Qjackctl etc etc,
and have also had dealings with Chris with Rosegarden. The Muse team have
been very supportive but don't have the time. There really isn't anything
else sequencer wise,that I can see, and there needs to be. Without it LA
risks not getting wider acceptance.

g.