Re: [LAU] A pc without noise!

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 19 2008 - 01:18:29 EET

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 07:15 +0100, Esben Stien wrote:
> Studio 32 <32studio@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
> > My pc makes to much noise
>
> The final solution:
>
> Fanless water cooling system Reserator 2[0]. I wish this was rack
> mountable, though.
>
> Fanless PSU Thermaltake w0050[1]
>
> Solid State Flash Chips[2][3]
>
> [0]http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=216&code=021
> [1]http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Power/PurePower/w0050/w0050.asp
> [2]http://www.fusionio.com/products.html
> [3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_state_disk
>
> I got the reserator and the thermaltake and I only need to eliminate
> the damn HD and then my system is really 0dB SPL;)

Or, with no liquids involved[*], use the Zalman TNN300 or TNN500 cases.
Very expensive but 0dB as well (not counting the hard disk). That what
we used here at CCRMA to build our workstations (40 2 1/2 years ago
using the TNN500 and 9 additional brand new ones using the TNN300).

-- Fernando

[*] imagine 40 workstations where there's two parts attached with a
flexible hose and some liquid inside as well as 100 students, who most
of the time forget to follow simple instructions like "don't move the
computers"...