Re: [LAU] A pc without noise!

From: Matthias Schönborn <mbs1303@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 19 2008 - 02:45:58 EET

Am Samstag 19 Januar 2008 00:18:29 schrieb Fernando Lopez-Lezcano:
> Or, with no liquids involved

Oh, that reminds me of the time when I was bored and decided to drop my computer into an aquarium filled with vegetable oil. It was completely silent
(because the fans didn't work in the oil) except for the hdds (and dvdrom) which were mounted above the aquarium. It was pretty warm though, because
the oil would heat over time and it would take all night to cool down (max temperature: 50 degree Celsius). I left the computer like this for like a year, then I
sold it's components on eBay (no complaints!) and bought a laptop. Conclusion: If you computer is too loud, go into the grocery store, buy 40l vegetable oil,
and fill everything in an aquarium! Only downside: You'll never be able to clean the parts again and its gross to change peripherals.

Greetings
Matthias